Today’s employers seem to want more of our time than ever. How can you keep up with your always-on career and still find time to do what you need to do at home, spend time with your family, enjoy some kind of social life, and just plain relax. Here are five too strategies that you can adopt.
- Budget your time both in and out of the office. Schedule your time effectively at work and put yourself on your calendar, taking some time for you and your family and friends.
- Leave work on time at least 3 days per week. There are times when working late can’t be helped, but try to schedule your time so that you can get away at a reasonable hour.
- Control interruptions and distractions. Stay focused while in the office and try to schedule a block of time during the day without meetings, so that you can focus on your tasks with minimal interruptions.
- Explore availability of flexi time. If available within your organization, it may be a helpful solution to fitting your personal tasks and appointments into your work day.
- Seize the weekend. Plan your time off as you plan your work week. Schedule activities with family, a weekend trip, or just something fun. Make your time away from work count.
Is this something that might work for you? Do you have other ideas that might help create a balance? Please share in the comment section.